According to the National Institutes of Health, almost two thirds of American people are overweight. While eating a balanced diet and practicing a regular exercise routine are the best ways to keep weight off, some may want to turn to homeopathy for weight loss. In combination with a healthy lifestyle, these homeopathic weight loss remedies may have a significant impact on a patient’s life.
Homeopathy for Weight Loss
Here are a few specific substances and treatments that may assist a patient in their weight loss journey:
- Fenugreek: This herb from the legume family produces seeds that are often used in homeopathic remedies. Fenugreek seeds are said to work by slowing down stomach emptying and delay the absorption of carbs and fat by the body. This translates into a lower appetite and more regular blood sugar levels.
- Caralluma Fimbriata: This herb is traditionally used for appetite suppression as well as to enhance endurance. It is believed that compounds found in Caralluma Fimbriata can increase the flow of serotonin to the brain, which can decrease carbohydrate intake and ultimately result in weight loss for the patient.
- Glucomannan: Increasing your fiber intake is said to be one of the best ways to control your appetite and lose weight. Glucomannan seems to be one of the most effective soluble fiber treatments for weight loss by both reducing appetite and also actual food intake.
- Gymnema Sylvestre: Usually, this herb is most commonly associated with anti-diabetic properties; however, it could also help with weight loss.
- Calcarea Carbonate: This treatment is made from oyster shells and is said to help suppress appetite as well as help relieve anxiety in certain patients.
- Pulsatilla Nigricans: this is made from a meadow anemone that is apparently used mostly for people who are gently and easygoing. Some homeopaths advise treatment using pulsatilla as it can help with indigestion, nausea, and overeating.
Schedule a Consultation Today
These remedies will have varied results from patient to patient. Please discuss possible homeopathic weight loss treatments with Ahmed Masood.