Wondering how to become a homeopathic doctor? Currently there is no doctorate for this specialty. The best option is to work with a professional homeopath who has studied to become an advanced homeopathic practitioner.
In the state of Nevada, not just anyone can be an advanced homeopathic practitioner. An advanced practitioner must comply with all the requirements and regulations set forth by the State Board of Homeopathic Medical Examiners in Nevada. Practitioners undergo training and examination by the N.V.B.H.M.E . Learn more about the qualifications and process.
How to Become a Homeopathic Practitioner
The Nevada State Board of Homeopathic Medical Examiners
In 1981, the Nevada State Legislature created an advisory committee that would work with the Nevada State Board of Medical Examiners. Their job is to examine practitioners who provided complementary and alternative medicine (CAM). This advisory board was created to regulate physicians practicing homeopathy and CAM in the state of Nevada and protect the public from harm.
This advisory committee came to be known as the State Board of Homeopathic Medical Examiners. The board consists of homeopathic practitioner, physicians, and members of the public. The board’s mission is to examine practitioners looking to become licensed and to stay educated on the ever-growing field of CAM and homeopathic therapies.
Qualifications of an Advanced Homeopathy Practitioner
To become an Advanced Practitioner of Homeopathy in Nevada, you must apply. The board considers the following when awarding advanced homeopathic licenses:
- A Bachelor’s degree from a university approved by the board or equivalent qualifications
- A certification, license, degree or training from an approved institute in one of the following:
- Acupuncturist or doctor of oriental medicines
- Domestic or foreign medicine
- Homeopathic medicine or naturopathy
- Has completed 400 hours of homeopathic education. These hours must be approved by the board. 200 of those hours must have been completed in Nevada under the advisement of a licensed homeopathic physician
- Successful completion of an examination provided by the board
A potential homeopathic practitioner must qualify to apply by meeting the following criteria:
- Must make the board aware of their interest in homeopathy before studying
- Be a United States Citizen
- Be approved as being of good moral character by the board
- Received a degree in a medical or osteopathic medicine degree or equivalent degree
- Complete a 3-year program in allopathic or osteopathic medicine or equivalent
Work with a Talented and Experienced Practitioner
To protect our patients, our staff at Las Vegas Homeopath are proud to say we’ve completed our homeopathic certifications to be an Advanced Homeopathic Practitioner. Ahmad Masood believes in what’s best for the people he treats; so he provides the best! Contact us for a consultation today.